If you are a business owner then the chances of you having a social media page or a couple of them are pretty high. There is no doubt that social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest are great ways to get the word out and grow your business.
However, if you are new to the social media game and a bit sceptical about using them to power up and grow your business then keep reading.
1. Help get the word out: Social Media is extremely popular and almost everyone is on it these days so it’s a great way to get the word out and build relationships with your clients. As you engage with your fans, followers and customers they will get to know you and your business. If they were your clients and loved your service they are more likely to share this with their family and friends.
2. Cost Effective: Compared to a lot of conventional methods of advertising like flyers and print ads, using social media to promote your business is more cost effective. There are certain tools and algorithms which can help you choose the exact information you want to share with users so you get the maximum out of the ad you place.
3. Great Reach: Unlike a brick and mortar store, you have a greater reach when you use social media to promote your business. So, you can target anyone from a teenager to a mum with two young kids or even an older couple. As long as your brand is visible and viable, you will garner more interest which will lead to more sales.
4. Perfect for Customer service: Social Media is perfect for providing your customers with a high-quality customer service. It helps to foster a healthy relationship with your clients as you are able to quickly respond to messages or comments. Clients love it when they are able to get quick responses to their queries.
5. Keep tabs on the competition: Yes, that’s right. When you use social media effectively, you can keep an eye on your competitors and see how they fare with their promotional strategies and how they engage with their customers. This can help you learn and improve on your own strategies. Remember not to blatantly copy what they do. Instead, be inspired and create your own ideas. What works for one business might not always work for another.
Now that you are aware of the power of social media and how it is a great platform to showcase your business, make connections and engage with people and grow, it’s time to put what you have learnt into action.