If you are a small business owner, chances are you might have heard of the term SEO popping up many times especially when it comes to marketing and promoting your service or product.
SEO stands for search engine optimization and in 2018 it’s become an essential tool if you want to stand out and have an edge over your competitors. Just knowing what it means won’t help though, you need to know how to utilize this effectively in order to ensure you are getting the best of it.
SEO is important if you want to provide those who visit your website with a great experience that they will spread it to others and let them know. It is also important if you want to ensure popular search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing have all the vital information so they will place your page on the top 5 spots in the search returns page.
So keep reading below to know why you should consider spending time on SEO:
- Optimal reach: Reach is very important in any business, small or big. The more people you reach, the more potential for new clients. The audience places their trust in search engines so if your business is on the top spot, then you will get more clicks, more traffic and often this converts to new clients.
- Great potential for conversion: If your business is placed in the top 5 spots, then you have a greater potential for new clients. No need to spend thousands on fancy marketing tools or resort to gimmicky forms of advertising. When you get more people clicking on your website, you have won half the battle. If your website has great content, provides an interesting and seamless user-friendly experience then chances are you will gain a new customer or two pretty quickly.
- Optimal user experience: A happy user is a one that will return often. In order for this to happen, it is vital that your website provides users with an easy, streamlines and friendly experience. When they enjoy their experience browsing through a website, they are more likely to inquire for more information, buy your product or service or even recommend your services.
- In-depth information about your customers: If you have a website that is optimally set up it will ensure that you get a high number of clicks, you are visible to the right set of people and you enjoy a high traffic. While you bask in the success of your clever optimization, google analytics will do all the background work by tracking where your visitors are from, what keywords they use to arrive at your page and where your target audience lies. This can help you to refine your advertising and marketing tactics for the future so you hit the target right on the mark.
- Excessive brand exposure: Utilising SEO cleverly can ensure your brand gets the exposure it deserves. In order to ensure your site is found, it is vital that you use the right keywords that your customers use.