Have a great product or service set up but struggling to market it and get more clients? Well, you are not alone. Many small businesses think about cutting out marketing when they have a strict budget to stick to. Well, you don’t have to skimp out on marketing because small businesses have more affordable and reliable options when it comes to marketing.
- Spread the word in your local community: That’s right. Start marketing your product or service around your community. Walk around and post flyers advertising your business and explain what it’s all about. Try to take part in community markets or fairs and get to know your ideal customers. You never know. You might find your ideal clients just around the corner.
- Collaborate with businesses in your areas: Planning to sell hand made jewellery? Get together with a boutique or beauty salon and offer to promote their services in exchange for them promoting yours. Want to go into marketing? Partner with other marketers and help each promote the other’s work. This is a great way to build your customer base as you will be reaching out to more people compared to if you were to do it alone.
- Network: Whilst networking might not be everybody’s cup of tea, it’s a great way to introduce yourself to a whole new set of people and really get the word out about your business. So, give it a go and see the difference it can make to your business. It may not guarantee new clients instantly but having a strong network of people in business can be great.
- Ask for referrals: Nothing works to boost a business like a customer referral. Don’t be shy to ask for referrals from past customers. If you are really good at what you do, they’d be glad to provide you with this. Take the step and you’ll be amazed at how many people out there might be interested in your product or service.
- Offer discounts or host giveaways: Launching a new product or service can be competitive with so many options available in the market. In order to attract clients, you could offer a discount or host free giveaways so clients get a taste of what you have to offer. This will make them want more.
Have you got any great marketing tips you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below